I’ve been a reader and a writer as long as I can remember. As a child, I carried around notebooks and bundles of loose-leaf paper full of fairy tales and other stories. I was always in the middle of a book (and still am).
In high school, I worked on the yearbook staff, and in college, I wrote for my school newspaper, The Lamron. I began writing for children in 2018 and fell in love with the world of kid lit. My writing has been featured in Hop to It: Poems to Get You Moving (Pomelo, 2020), as well as the children’s magazines Babybug, Ladybug, and Highlights Hello, with additional pieces forthcoming in Spider, Ladybug, Babybug, and High Five.
Before becoming a full-time mom of two, I taught elementary school for ten years. I taught grades one, two, three, and four, and enjoyed two years as a reading teacher for multiple grades. From 2011 to 2015 I “looped” with a group of students from first grade to fourth grade, which was an amazing experience. My favorite part of teaching was reading with students, particularly reading aloud. I was also a coach for the Elementary Battle of the Books team.
Originally from northern New York, I now live in North Carolina with my family.
Things I Love
- Little Free Libraries
- Board games, especially word games (Scattergories is my favorite!)
- Traveling and sight-seeing with my family
- The beach!
- Holidays, especially Christmas!
- Broadway shows
- Taco salad, chips & salsa, & iced tea
- I like reading for all ages groups: board books, picture books, chapter books, middle grade, young adult, and adult novels. I aspire to be like one of my favorite authors, Judy Blume, because she can write across age groups with so much grace and understanding.