I’ve been a reader and a writer as long as I can remember. As a child, I carried around notebooks and bundles of loose-leaf paper full of fairy tales and other stories. I was always in the middle of a book (and still am).
In high school, I worked on the yearbook staff, and in college, I wrote for my school newspaper, The Lamron. I began writing for children in 2018 and fell in love with the world of kid lit. My writing has been featured in Hop to It: Poems to Get You Moving (Pomelo, 2020), as well as the children’s magazines Babybug, Ladybug, and Highlights Hello, with additional pieces forthcoming in Ladybug, Babybug, and High Five.
Before becoming a full-time mom of two, I taught elementary school for ten years. I taught grades one, two, three, and four, and enjoyed two years as a reading teacher for multiple grades. From 2011 to 2015 I “looped” with a group of students from first grade to fourth grade, which was an amazing experience. My favorite part of teaching was reading with students, particularly reading aloud. I was also a coach for the Elementary Battle of the Books team.
Originally from northern New York, I now live in North Carolina with my family.
Things I Love
- Little Free Libraries
- Board games, especially word games (Scattergories is my favorite!)
- Traveling and sight-seeing with my family
- The beach!
- Holidays, especially Christmas!
- Broadway shows
- Taco salad, chips & salsa, & iced tea
- I like reading for all ages groups: board books, picture books, chapter books, middle grade, young adult, and adult novels. I aspire to be like one of my favorite authors, Judy Blume, because she can write across age groups with so much grace and understanding.